Monday, May 26, 2014

I ain't got a dime, but what I got is mine

So the first night of Sean and Mike’s crazy roadtrip has fallen. We made it, over the last several days, from Las Vegas to Bullhead to Havasu to Bullhead. Today, we headed from my (former) apartment to the Grand Canyon to Holbrook, AZ. This is Sean’s first time out to this side of the country, and definitely not my last. It’s weird to be gone…like when I left New Jersey the first time. Tons behind me, but tons ahead, as well. 

After we finally finished packing, we drove to the Grand Canyon. The cats had settled down (Red having finished her sad solo aria) and the drive was smooth. When we arrived at the Canyon, we clearly couldn’t leave the cats in the car….so out they came. Sean carried RedCat in the small airport carrier I have, and Palo…well…I carried him. In my arms. He was leashed, but I carried him. People stared. At least one pair of tourists took his picture. A pair of British tourists asked me if he was “pedigree”.  He let a 4 year old girl pet him. Now Palo is settled in next to me on the hotel bed. They’re resilient little critters.

Observations from the road:
1.       Prairie dogs!
2.       Tumbleweeds
3.       Mule deer
4.       Pronghorn
5.       2/3 of a coyote
6.       A squirrel standing on his hind legs in the middle of the road asking to be hit by a car
7.       Guy with a parakeet on his shoulder
8.       A parakeet on a guy’s shoulder that was eating McDonald’s French fries.

Song of the day:
Rick. Freaking. Astley.


Thanks for coming with me again. I’m glad to have you all along.

Tomorrow brings Amarillo, TX, the Big Texan Steakhouse, and another hotel stay. I like hotels because they have beds, which my apartment did not this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment