Friday, May 9, 2014

115 degrees. Ummmm...Nope.

While I will post a specific “moving on” related entry later this weekend, Colleen’s great description of things she sees/loves about south Louisiana got me thinking about things I’ll miss in Arizona. My time here is growing short quickly (Dad says I’m so short I can’t see over my shoelaces), and while I am excited to head back east and see what that brings, (the same state as Colleen, maybe? Please?) there are things here I’ll miss. So, in no particular order:

1.       Roadrunners. They’re ridiculous, and Price seems to be a roadrunner whisperer of sorts (see: that time on the golf course when he called one and it came).
2.       Baby quail. THEY’RE SO LITTLE
3.       7% humidity being a lot
4.       Being able to see from the mountains to the other mountains
5.       The way the desert smells after it rains
6.       Being able to drive 27 miles in 27 minutes
7.       The amazing scale of the west. Everything is just farther away from everything else
8.       The relative proximity to so many national parks
9.       Burritos (baby burros. Ha! That one’s for Colleen)
10.   Burritos (the food. Carne Asada.)
11.   Making jokes like “If you made a wrap out of a baby burro, would it be a burrito burrito?

Things I will not miss:
1.       115 degrees. Nope.
2.       “But it’s a dry heat” Still hot. Also, that’s like asking someone from New Jersey what exit they’re from…mildly amusing the first time, then it gets old fast.
3.       The lack of greenery
4.       Everything that lives here wants to kill everything else that lives here

5.       115 degrees. Still nope.

As an aside, boy did Red Dead Redemption nail the look of the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment