Saturday, June 16, 2012

By May 10/ Richmond had fell...

Shot out of Toms River about 11:00 yesterday with Brian and Morgen, heading south to Mechanicsville, VA. After having planned to leave at about 04:00, and then that falling through, it was nice to get a full night's sleep before leaving for somewhere. I have a propensity to leave for places at what I like to call 0'Dark:30. Or what others call Stupid O'Clock. The trip was straightforward and easy until we hit traffic just north of Fredricksburg, where we got off of 95, skirted around through Nowhere, VA, and then got onto Route 1, which parallels 95. This gained us exactly no time, as when I got back on 95, I ended up behind the same car I was behind when I exited. Seriously. That happens. But the rest of the trip was easy and we wound up pulling in about five minutes before Eric did, which was kind of incredible timing, seeing as he was coming from Tennessee and we were not. The first thing we did was eat the berry pie that was so graciously sent along with us, and then go to the Barbecue Hole for dinner. It's good to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment